Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 323 "A Flicker To A Flame"

It is getting harder to recall the details in the heavy and dark emotion that has followed me from the start of this journey.
With a wounded heart, a desperate faith, and a slight flicker of hope deep within, I walked forward towards, what I always hoped, would be a better day.
At this point it is a question of whether I protected that ember of hope within, or whether that ember refused to extinguish itself? Either way, this optimistic flame has become more than that once lost ember.
I never had a light to guide me, or a hand to hold that could hold fast to my bitter grasp.
I never had a moment in the past strong enough to carry me above the weight of my sadness
I never knew which direction would lead me home, or how to read ever sign that mattered along the way, but I never gave up, I never gave in, and I always held on to hope in what seemed like even hopeless times.
Looking back now, I cannot see my footprints in the snow, in the sand, or in the dirt. I can't see exactly what I went through to get here, everything is blurred in the embrace of history now, all those days belong to Time The Thief now.
I know it was difficult, I know that I fell a lot, and I tripped over even more; I knew that once, once I was only ever alone.
Now there is some light that I have found, within this wanting heart lies the companionship of a world of souls, all trying to hard find their way back home.
This cool flicker has turned into a much warmer flame.
I do not walk as heavy as I once did anymore, and now my footprints are not sinking in as deep as they once did from the weight of my thoughts that pressed down upon my heart so heavily.
Now I only seem to be leaving footprints that I want to remember, even though the details in these steps are destined to eventually fade as the less optimistic ones already have.
I still have no idea if I am truly heading home, but from the look of the steps that I can still see behind me, I can tell that I am not heading back to the past, and for now that has to be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment