Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 332 "Barren And Abundant "

I enjoyed a long walk with Danbox today, and even though It was terribly cold, like most December days are, we had the warmth of a new understanding within us. Where last winter our hearts were only ice and ember, we now have a warmer flame inside, we now walk with hope and appreciation.
We have never walked these paths before, everything was so beautifully alien, instead of the unfamiliar and hostile, and for the first time I felt as though I could see snapshots of a truly better future.
At the start of this journey towards the within I could only feel apprehension for almost everything. Not knowing where any path would lead, not knowing if the winter would ever end, and always hoping that hope itself would feel more real than a faded dream. Now I have lived through the changing seasons, and hope has proven to be something that Time The Thief cannot seem to grasp, and now even in another cold winter, I know that winter will eventually end.
I watched as Danbox climbed his way up to a barren branch on a tall tree that overlooked this new, alien, place. He stood there for many moments, contemplating like he always has, and after a few moments more he started to spread his arms out wide, as if to say “I am ready”.
I can tell that he feels better about life today, better than we both did back when I caught him stealing cereal at the start of this difficult journey.
With hope in our hearts a new path can be met with excitement and not hesitation.
With possibility in our minds, we can see that not all roads lead into an endless winter.
Sometimes the most barren of creations can show us the abundance of it all.

With a confidence forged in the flames of fear, we now travel these alien paths with an open heart and an open mind that, hopefully, will lead us away from our dark histories.

No comments:

Post a Comment