All these struggles to find something more than the struggles.
All this tripping and scraped knees, just to trip and bruise myself again.
And all these victories shared all to myself.
I came across so many walls and just as many fences, I came across everything I never knew, as it tried so hard to stop my progression.
I came across all these obstacles alone, with no one to lift me above these impossible walls that stood in my way.
I learned to overcome these obstacles with this slight faith in myself, this flickering hope in my heart, and this frightening possibility in this impersonal universe.
I had always hoped that at some point another would lend me their strength, I had always known that someone eventually would.
It was an illusion to believe that I was ever truly alone, it was a convenience to use this negative perspective to compel me to overcome these obstacles with such intensity.
Now I can see all the ones that have offered their help, even when I pushed them away for reasons still unknown to me.
I can overcome this next Titan with less effort than I have become used to, because I am open now, open to the help, to the hope and to leaning on the strength of another.

No comments:
Post a Comment