Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 325 "A Part Of Me Has Changed"

In Silence Danbox has chosen to speak
He has shown me, many times, that sound is not always needed to say the most important words, that most of the time it is not needed at all.
As I complained loudly, treating the world as my own personal podium of discontent, this little amazing boxman spoke his heart aloud in silence.

As I stood trapped in my emotions and behind those bars that history made, Danbox moved through the impossible with a grace I could only ever hope to have, but through that silence I learned to lower my own voice, and I have even learned to listen to it.
Thanks to Danbox and his impressively sincere heart, I now have trust in the silence that I once feared so much. Thanks to his desire to show me through action, and not through words, the things I must do, I have become stronger for it.

Silence is a way to listen to what the heart has been trying to tell you all along, but your loud ego has prevented you from ever hearing.

There is no way to completely erase the fears and the disappointments that we have earned along the journey of our lives.
A heart that has found a light can still remember the darkness of all the ghosts from the past.
I know that even in silence, Danbox experiences the loudness of his own heart.
We can never forget what has been done, we must remember how we tempered ourselves through the trials.
We no longer sleep with anger and defiance.
We no longer wish to see the world aflame.
We no longer embrace our rage and doubt.
We no longer hold on to the fear that we will forever stay locked within our scorned hearts.

In silence we hear these revelations.
There is no way to eradicate the demons that made us this beautiful mess.
So we make amends and accept our darkness, and in that decision alone, we free ourselves from this hostility, and we temper ourselves stronger in the optimistic flame.
Where I once stood, yelling out to the world how much it has wounded me, Danbox also stood there in silence, watching me so gracefully and patiently, until I could finally see, that his silence was much louder than mine, and that his silence is what I heard above my own aggressive voice.




No comments:

Post a Comment