I cannot
imagine a life without music. The ability to play and listen to it is truly one
of the greatest gifts I know, and really one of the greatest experiences anyone
can have. So many artists that have taken the time to share their thoughts and
emotions with us by using music as their tool to do so, and just how many of
them have connected with us on a deeper level than we thought possible?
My life has
always needed a soundtrack, and I will always be thankful that others have
taken the time to say what it is that I am feeling in their own words, for it
helps clear my head and my heart to hear them when I am unable to say these
words myself.
There is also
nothing quite like the experience of creating sound that resonates the emotion
that you are currently feeling, and this ability to pick up any instrument and
learn it. So many times I have created sounds that will only ever be heard by
myself, and this is a gift I will always appreciate.
As I watch Danbox
play on the hand drums, I listen to the emotion that he is trying to capture
with sound and I realize that all of our gifts are better shared; that even
though we can appreciate them in the silence and solitude, they truly become
something great when they reach the heart of another.
Play for
yourself, and play for the world. As loud as you can, as emotionally driven as
you desire, and connect on yet another level with the strangers that surround
you.
It is our
gift to find and meet the same frequency.
It is our
gift to share in this resonance.
This is our gift
of sound.

No comments:
Post a Comment