Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 84 "Comic Relief"

You never know when to expect the comic relief in life. 
Sometimes it just builds and builds and builds, until you reach a point where you say to yourself "What fucking next?"
And then something happens that forces you to laugh against your will, and against your mood.
It happened on this terribly cold and desolate day with Danbox.
There I was, fumbling through my jacket pocket to find my missing black glove, I know I had it, didn't I?
Each pocket that I searched I searched again, a second and a third time, and more and more I became even more agitated. 
This is exactly what would happen next in my long line of disappointments, seriously, I can't even make sure that I have half of a dollar pair of crappy grocery store gloves! 
Closing my eyes I focused on my breathing to try and calm myself, but it's too late now...now everything starts to flood in, and I can feel my jaw tighten and teeth clench.
Why do I keep losing things?
My temper. My patience. My hope.
 A tear of frustration streams down my face unchecked...how did I let everything get this far? How did I let everything get so far out of control?
The feeling of this rogue tear forced me to open my eyes, and then it happened, the moment that broke this hostility, and challenged  me to laugh hard, breaking me out of the solitary and dark moment that I was in.
Before me was Danbox, with my missing glove wrapped tightly around his head. He had a look in his eyes that asked me if this was the proper way to wear this item, I asked him if he was warm now. He nodded yes to this.
"It looks good on you little buddy"
 I didn't have the heart to explain his silly mistake, and truth be told, I also needed to laugh a little bit longer.
I need more comic relief in my days it would seem.


No comments:

Post a Comment