Today I took Danbox on a road trip, not a long one, but one that left us both feeling a bit more free from the usual shit that we have been dealing with; a welcome reprieve from the concrete jungle and all its confusion.
I don't always know where I am heading when I get behind the wheel? I don't even know if I am destined to come back? I only know that there still may be a reason to.
I would be lying if I said that on a day like today, with the sun out and the anxiousness I feel in my heart, that I don't feel like seeing how far this road will take me, that I don't feel like seeing how far from home I can get? Where is home exactly?
The city I leave behind today holds not many wonders worth driving back to, and eventually as enough time passes, as enough revelations happen, there may be no reason at all to stay; and I may just have to see just how far this road stretches beyond my currently known and limited horizons.
There are some things in this life that you cannot outrun, some things that you do not want to. There are some things worth the return trip home and some things worth being patient for.
On days like this, sunny days, I know that this road will never take me farther than the desires and will of my own heart. On days like these I know that driving these roads alone is impossible; for on days like these, your memory rides along with me.
On these sunny days.

No comments:
Post a Comment