For the longest time now I have been walking in an
unknown direction, to an unknown destination. For the longest time I have not
been able to see further than my next foot step.
But I keep moving. One foot in front of the other.
Looking back now I cannot see any footprints or
impressions of where I have been in any real detail, just hazy outlines of
better times.
What impressions am I making now? Are they
important? Or are these footsteps destined to fade into the ether as well?
When will I make lasting impressions that I can see
myself?
The ones who watch say that I have been doing very
well, healing at a fast pace, succeeding in all the things that I do; but if I
succeed at anything, it is merely being an illusionist.
Hope. The one thing I own, the one thing that is
not an illusion. It is the one thing that has given me strength to fight for
the thing that I desire most. It is the one thing that has placed a light upon
the dark path ahead and has kept me company.
For the longest time I have not been able to see
anything written on the walls that surround me. I have made the mistake of
letting fear take the wheel, while I covered my eyes and braced myself for
whatever may come.
Looking back now and focusing, I can see that some
impressions I have made are lasting. I can see that the future can be seen by
the will of my hope, and the understanding that if you follow your instinct and
desires you will eventually learn to see a bit farther than your next footstep.
For now I stand on this path alone, will you ever
walk it with me?
One hopeful step after another...together.

No comments:
Post a Comment