Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 40 "Sunshine In A Hollow Window"


Brought Danbox along with me on another road trip today, no real destination, just needed to escape the industrial confines of the city for a while.
I just needed to clear my head to some degree.
I can tell you for sure that this little box man seems to love these excursions out of the city.
He always stares out the window, looking out and over this alien world, as if to try and soak in everything that passes him by, as if trying to understand the depth in all of it. He always looks as though he is seeing everything for the first time.
I wonder, if like me he looks at these day trips as mini vacations for the soul? I wish I knew exactly how he felt on days like these, then maybe even in the company of others I wouldn't feel so alone.
There is no denying how necessary it is to have these days on the road and in the sun. These days that have us far away from the city that hums loud with the sound of concrete and progression.
How important and necessary it is to get away from what you see every day, to a place that feels more calm, more relaxed and a bit slower paced. A place that feels more analog and less digital.
We stopped by the side of the road at one point to get a closer look at a beautiful field with a mini worn out workshop forgotten by time.
Danbox perched himself up on the ledge and reveled in the sun for quite a while, as I tried to find some sort of interesting angle to shoot this vast wheat field outstretched endlessly before me.
I ended up finding that the most interesting thing to shoot was Danbox himself, as he sat there in that hollow window frame, soaking up the sun with a very satisfied air about him.
What I photographed was my own moment of peace that I felt through watching him, and it was beautiful.

I love these days, these moments in the sun, these moments where those around you appreciate the small things. It reminds me that some days are not meant for complications, that some days are easier to achieve that ever elusive happiness that I chase, that some days we can share together alone.

2 comments: