Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54 "Calm And Collected"

I could learn a lesson or two from Danbox.
As I watch him from a distance sitting patiently in the grass with his back up against a tree, and always that introspective look upon his face; he looks so much more relaxed than I ever feel.
Is this what it takes to feel calm? A simple act of resting against something stronger than your ambitious will alone?
Perhaps I am reading his expression wrong? Could he be missing something? Or someone? Could his mind be as restless as my own?
Does he feel as excited and as overwhelmed as I do? Does he hold strong and fast to the values that have led me to this moment?
Does he know what happens next? 
I watch him for more than a few moments, he doesn’t move at all, and there is nothing in his stare that focuses on anything in this physical realm. I know he is deeper in thought now than ever before. He looks to be meditating with his eyes open, as if he is analyzing his next move or the moves of another?
He doesn't show his cards or his weakness openly very often. He tries to succeed in many things that would overwhelm even the most hardened of scorned people, and he does not beat himself up for any failures in trying to do so either.
He stands against every titan in his path, and despite the ever present danger of drowning, he searches deep below the surface for the answers that matter, the answers that most of us choose to never uncover; the answers that might just free us from this familiar cage.
No matter what challenge he faces, no matter what monolithic structure stands before him, he never seems to let go of hope and faith, in himself, or in others. Yes, I could learn a thing or two from Danbox couldn’t I?
No matter the confusion and intense speed of thoughts and desires, no matter the amount of pressure placed upon him from his heavy heart, no matter what, he takes the time to sit and wait it out, to search within for clarity, and act when it arrives.
I can tell that he knows the way to meditate properly on something, how to sit patiently, how to accept everything and anything, and still question it all.
I have more than a few things to learn from this little box man, and perhaps it is time that I simply sit and rest my back against something stronger than my ambitious will alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment