Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 "This Fire Inside"

There is a fire within me, within my heart.
I stand alien against my own desires; both naked and unbearably weak in the light of the thing that matters most to me. I hold this secret that we share so very close, and with a protectiveness that I won't ever release.
There is something here that time alone cannot answer for, something sacred that cannot be found in words, only in emotion.
Alien I stand here, stripped of both pride and ego, awakening to the only truth I know.
There are some things in this world that never drown, some connections that never sever ties, and some fires that never burn out completely.
What would make us smile will only be considered treason by another, but our will alone must be answered to, and nothing but quiet and naked truth will remove this alien thorn from our hearts.
This fire inside that has been forced to masquerade as an ember as I push against my own natural law, my own belief, reasoning and desires.
Stumbling through the narrow hallways of my mind, a minefield of emotions and apprehension that lead to this warm heart of mine. That which forces me to place a cheap mask upon my desires, is also that which gives me strength to defy this act of placing it.
There is no easy defiance of this will of mine, and time alone does not conquer a desire. This fire that shadows as an ember, this will of mine that plays coy; both leading me down the only path I have never known.
Standing naked.
Stripped of this pride and of this ego.
Facing honesty and honesty alone.
As another heart calls out.
The mask that was once placed, starts to give way to the fire inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment