Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19 "Immaculate Drunk"

Blessed wine, oh how it turns us all into immaculate drunks.
Three glasses in and suddenly my house becomes the musical version of an Andy Warhol project...just insanity everywhere! Beautiful insanity!
When I arrived home from another soul siphoning day in retail it was both alcohol free and silent. Looking at the full bottle of "Nachise" from Arizona Stronghold, I knew this silence was not meant to last.
Now a bottle in, it's a clash of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots and Danbox strung out on the piano, and I am excited to be a part of this moment.
Look at how we all miss so much about a past that cannot ever return.
I can't help but feel as though Danbox is trying to outrun a memory like the rest of us.
As the little box man plays the piano loudly and passionately, I fall in love with this bizarre moment, and all I want to do is speak honestly with everyone that I know...and right now if anyone asked me anything, I would answer anything.
We all sing loudly, drink intimately, and beneath it all we share in a moment that has us reflecting on the passage of time, and what we may have to do to make it through this heavy time.
Right now we are all brothers, soldiers in the same platoon, casualties of the same war, and right now we might just take a bullet for one another.
Right now there is love and fear, hope, openness and truth; right now we all agree that dates have been set to bring forth change before it is too late.
Will anyone try to stop us from setting fire to the memories of our past? From turning in to creatures foreign to the ones that love us and watch us from a distance?
Who will simply speak their minds and say what they want? Who will stop the analyzing for a moment, and fill the void with achieving their own pursuits that involve us?
The three of us share this drunken musical moment together, and with eyes dark and strung out, we watch as Danbox presses hard upon the piano keys. He is telling us something with the notes that he plays, and we tell him something with the silence in which we listen.
This moment we all feel.
This moment is pure, both real and temporary, but we can all agree that this moment was never planned from the start.
The outcome is alien to all of us, but right now, we just keep drinking and hoping...right now we just accept that the outcome is up in the air and undecided; right now we will let music save us from everything.
Right now we are free from the reality of tomorrow.
Tonight we drink wine!
Tonight we hope!
Tomorrow we wake up and say "Fuck...here we go again".

No comments:

Post a Comment