Watching Danbox as he ponders the many moving
mechanical parts of a clock in front of him, I can't help but reflect on what I
consider to be the most intense duality in my life.
Time.
Is there enough time? Is there still too much time
left?
I watch as it progresses throughout my life,
changing everything.
I stand in defiance of what it has done, and the
divisions it has caused, yet I possess within me a certain respect and
appreciation for its passage as well; and how it has led me through some of the
darkest of times.
It is such a devious and ethereal entity, whose
physical touch both poisons and heals everything it places its fingers upon.
Time is confusing and complex, yet it can be simple
and calming as well.
Time alone does not heal all wounds, and it must be
understood that time requires the dedication and steadfast resolution of any
soul that would seek its compassion.
I wonder if Danbox thinks of time the way I do? If
he fears it like I do? If he tries to steal as much as he can of it like I
do? Or does he know some deeper secret that my ego refuses to let me see?
I find myself staring at the ones close to me for
moments at times, just staring and focusing, as if I can burn this moment into
my memory with enough detail and affection to hold these memories for all the
rest of my days.
I quietly pray that time will never be able to
touch these beautiful things, but time will, eventually.
This moment I try to capture, this moment that I
refuse to let go of.
This moment that is mine and not times.
Time is not one to let anything fall too far out of
balance, and therefore it makes you wear heavy armor that will drag you down,
as you hold on to the lightness of the ones you hold so protectively to your
heart.
This moment is yours now. Time has given this
moment to you, what will you choose to do with it?
Will you lose yourself in distraction, and act as
if you control the perpetual spin of this master?
Will you act as if you have yet another day to
burn? Another day to wait? Another day to waste?
Or will you surrender to the will of time, and
accept this temporary position with the most humble of attitudes?
Will you finally see that time has given you a
gift? One that will allow you to speak your mind, show your love, embrace
duality in all forms.
Will you finally allow yourself to see this gift as
it is, this passing and fragile gift that gives you a chance to burn in the
deepest of details in to both your heart and soul?
Will you take a moment today to stare a moment
longer? To capture that moment the best you can, before time, one day, asks for
that memory back?
What will you do with the time you have left?

No comments:
Post a Comment