Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 198 "Superman?"

I don't have any superpowers, none that I know of anyway.
There have been times in my life where I thought invisibility might be a potential power of mine, but then a friend reached out and showed me that was not the case at all.
There have been times in my life when I thought I could see the future, but then life showed me I was wrong all along.
There have been even more times where I thought I could stop time and stay in the moment forever, but then Time The Thief showed me that I truly control nothing more than my reactions alone, and even those are almost impossible to get right.
I used to think that I could read minds, and then a lover showed me that I can't even read the minds of the ones I thought I knew the best.

There have been times where I thought I could carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, but then a friend showed me that would never be the case at all.

I have often thought that I could run faster than Fate, but then I woke up older and tired, and knowing that I am forever attached to the universes will.

I used to believe that I had impenetrable skin, but then life threw daggers made of a metal I have never known to exist, and every single one thrown hit its mark.
There have been times where I felt as though my superpower was the universes will to self-destruct, but then I felt an energy within myself that would never let me believe that terrible lie at all.

I may not have any superpowers to call my own, but I do have hope for better days, for better moments, and hope that there is still time to save myself from this anxiety.

I may not have any superpowers at all, but I do have this life of potential anything to live still, and to be honest, I never needed superpowers anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment