Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 186 "Open Fields"

Some days I approve of wasting my time, and on these days I choose to stay inside the perpetual storm within my heart, instead of choosing the path I know that I should take, the path that ultimately leads out and into an open field of better possibilities.

At times I make the grave mistake of allowing myself the luxury of feeling sorry for myself, and in these times I waste what potential has been given to me, and to us all. We all have a thread that connects us, a thread of universal understanding that there is always a chance to move beyond ourselves and the limitations of our minds.

So many of us stay locked within the pull of these emotional storms, unable to see beyond our own lies that we decide are our own truths. We reinforce the strength of these storms through the negative story that we choose to tell, knowing that we can stop the hurricane at any moment by releasing this false belief.

I know that I am only human, I know that I am going to trip and fall time and time again, I know that I am supposed to fail and learn, and I know that this anger for my failings only needs to be dropped into the ocean of my potential, I know this weight I carry is but a moment alone, and nothing more. I know that I carry this stone out of ego alone.

The clouds move away as I force these hostile thoughts out of my mind, and as I choose to focus on an awareness that the struggle is there to help us become more than what we currently are; that the struggle should be welcomed as an old friend and not always an enemy.

If I could just see beyond my own procrastination, I might move into the open field that I know lies ahead.
If I could move these stubborn eyes to see more than just flickers of hope and moments of happiness consumed by the ego’s will; I might just find myself in a place without gale force winds.
If I could just drop this heavy stone that I carry for no reason worth the weight, I might just be free to run to that open field where the sun shines brightly.

I know what I could be by the depths of my own desires and aspirations, but being more isn’t always the best of intentions; sometimes you simply have to be enough for yourself alone.


For all the clouds that exist within our hearts and our minds, there is always the choice to see beyond their dark presence, there is always the open field in the distance where we can find our true selves; if only we stop approving of wasting our time that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment