Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 192 "This Mountain, This Life"

I climb this mountain with no rulebook, no guide, no safety net, and nothing to guarantee me a safe journey.
I climb this life with hope, desire, and fear. I try not to look down or back too often, and all throughout this ascent I try to climb for me and me alone; but life has other plans.
I may try to reach the peak for myself, but all the while I search for the acceptance of the others that I believe might be watching.
I may climb this titan with selfishness in mind, but for the sake of others is why we move to the next handhold, isn’t that the case?

I have looked down and back so many times in the hope that if I turn back I might safely find my way back to the bottom, but I know from here any step back will only throw me fast towards the impersonal ground below.
Everything moment on this path erases the footsteps and markers I left behind, and I think I may have forgotten the path I originally mapped out altogether now.

I have been learning to climb by instinct and by will, by hope and by silence, and all this time learning the true meaning of faith.
Faith in yourself.
Faith in the universe.
Faith in the power of will alone.


I climb this mountain and this life with no guarantee of ever reaching a dream, but that doesn’t make me any less blessed to be given the ability to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment