
I thought I knew my future by looking straight into my past.
Surely I could see my habits, see my faults, and see the stones in the
road that I always seem trip over, and surely they would tell me what is going
to happen next?
Of course, I am wrong in this assumption.
Surely I am in more control of the path ahead of me than the one I left
behind?
Of course this is only a hope and not a universal truth in any form.
Surely by now, after all of this time and these out-stretched years, I
would have learned to navigate my bad habits with some grace?
And this is how wrong an ego driven mind can be.
I guarded these ignorant beliefs like they were the most precious of
treasures in the world, as if I had the crystal ball of a seer in my
possession, and as if I had the sole ability to use it for my own means, to see
the world the way I needed it to be, but I was wrong in thinking I could
navigate and control chaos by my will alone, or even at all.
It was only when I opened my eyes to see what was before me that I
saw what truly was.
When I asked myself the hard questions.
When I told myself the honest truth.
When I spoke aloud the fears I held so deep.
When I finally talked to me.
I had carried this weight on my shoulders for so long that I believed it
was always my destiny to carry it.
I protected a heart that failed to protect mine.
I fought for a future that existed in a confused mind, and a lost heart.
I never saw the deep cracks within the crystal, I never saw the flaws
for what they always were.
I thought I could know my future by constantly looking too far back into
my past, and yet all I was ever attempting to do was avoid the possibility of
the unknown.
The universe gave me what I had asked for, over and over again.
I tripped over the same stones in my path, over and over again.
I held myself back from seeing the truth I knew had always been, over
and over again.
I tried to make the past my present, and over and over again I failed.
Looking back now, but not for my past alone, all I see is a blur of
images, of emotions, and it is not with a desire to control the will of this
chaotic and impersonal universe.
Instead I am choosing to look back as if to say somehow say goodbye in a
better way.
I am learning to no longer stare back or ahead, but to somehow stare the
present in the face and learn to say hello
without the fear and apprehension I have become so accustomed to.
I am trying to stand rooted in this moment that I am in, open to
whatever may come, knowing that this crystal ball has always been useless and
irreparable, and that I wouldn't want it any other way…because a future seen is
already the past.
With the eyes of the ego I was blind, and with my eyes closed in silence
and respect, I can now see.
Come what may.
No comments:
Post a Comment