Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 101 "Questions And Resolutions"

I wish you were here.
How many times am I going to have that thought in this lifetime?
How many great moments do I have to witness on my own from here on?
Where are you now?
In a world so connected, how can I possibly never know where you are?
What are you doing? What are you thinking? Who is getting the best of you now?
I have tripped over these questions for so long now, and still I pick them back up like wounded soldiers and carry their weight even further.
There is strength in answers, and weakness in the silence of the unanswered.
Do I ask myself these questions any longer? Do I carry their unforgiving weight even further?
Yes, if I want to waste even more time.
Yes, if I want to weaken myself even further.
Yes, if I want to choose my past over my future.
Yes, if I want to close the door on another.
There is strength in the answers found in the right questions.
Am I honestly tired of being met with silence and distance?
Yes, I most certainly am!
On my own I will shed this terrible habit of looking back.
On my own I will choose this frightening future over the comfort of my past.
On my own I will find the answers to all these questions that I don’t want to even ask.
On my own I will learn to stop carrying these wounded soldiers with me, every step of the way.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment