Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 97 "In Silence And Progress"

There is no escaping the machine of progress, and no slowing down the advancement of the wasteland.
I am not sure how Danbox felt inside as he stood upon the remains of a fallen tree, in the midst of a murdered forest; but there was a silence, a stillness, and a sense of sadness surrounding him. I could feel this because I shared these emotions with him.
There was no point in trying to explain to the little box man why we do these things, or why we have to do them? I think he understands the temptation and desire of progress, the need to have more, and the impossibility of keeping balance properly in the pursuit of material growth.
We are losing balance with everything.
Breeding too much.
Eating too much.
Killing too much.
Fighting too much.
Forgetting too much.
Disconnecting too much.

In the silence, I could only offer Danbox my words.
"I will try not to lay waste and dishonor beautiful things in the pursuit of my desires"

"And I apologize”…because I know that eventually I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment