Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 96 "Oceans Edge And Sunny Days"

I think Danbox enjoys the ocean as much as I do.
He doesn’t hesitate to run out to the edge of a rocky cliff, to stand before the ocean in the warm sun.
Always like a child he seems to be, as if he is seeing everything for the first time; I envy him and thank him secretly, all at the same time.
Danbox has a way of reminding me that I once saw things through different eyes, and he gives me hope that I still may be able to tap in to that non critical side of me.
I watch him and he stands there for a few moments, and I watch as he pleasantly outstretches his arms, as if to say "Thank-you" to the world for this experience.
He looks in this moment as someone living in the moment. I feel as if his demons cannot touch him here, as if the sun has melted all of his darkness away.
I follow suit and close my eyes against the warm sun, and allow myself the freedom to feel this moment, if only for a moment.
I know that all too soon I will feel the ache of the past and the fear of the future, but for now all I can do is share this moment with the little box man.
After moments thoughts start to formulate in my mind’s eye, and I am thankful that these are not questions; for once there are no questions.
I hear the thoughts brought on by this beautiful moment, and they are telling me that no matter what you are up against, what pain you are enduring, what stresses you are dealing with, or what trials you are forcing yourself to overcome...there is always hope, there is always a chance to overcome.
My heart says that there is always a way to reconnect with the beauty of this planet, and the things that make us feel alive.
My soul says “We can still be free!”
In this moment I understand that inspiration can be found anywhere and everywhere.
In the light and the darkness we can find some sort of purpose.
I can feel how the warmth of acknowledging a single moment can cause you to appreciate the next.
I know this will pass, that the storm clouds will come again, and that I won’t always find myself in appreciation; but for now I only care for this.
No matter the many roads we take, or how many stones trip us along the way.
No matter the weight of our thoughts or the strength of the storms ahead.
There is always a fork in the road that leads us to the oceans edge.
There is always going to be a moment in the sun.

And with arms outstretched you will always find a moment to say “I can still be free!”

No comments:

Post a Comment