Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 99 "Random Mysteries"

Some things have no real explanation, and when we stumble upon them we just stand and stare in wonder as to why these things even exist? Or how they even can?
At times these questions are asked of the reflection in the mirror, and what follows is the act of searching for something more.
Some things are not meant for us to understand, and all questions will be met with only another question. Some things in this live exist only because they do, and in your life these mysteries are not to be uncovered.
It is human nature to look at the unknown with contempt, fear and hostility.
Without the answers, we find ourselves raising our defenses as if we will be at war soon…but so many times the first strike never comes from this alien thing.
We try to protect ourselves from the unknown, from the strange, and from even those things that only desire to set us free from these cages we made for ourselves.
We recycle the same old dialogue time and time again, and in this perpetual dance we ask ourselves the same questions that lead to even more questions…and all in the name of progress and movement.
Yet here we are, stuck and stranded in a land of mysteries, and all we want to know is everything.
But the universe asks us to be patient and accepting, and our hearts ask us to be at peace with the unknown.
Whether or not these alien and foreign things are for our enjoyment or our distress is an answer only found somewhere in time.
Some things strange and faceless are bound to greet us on our travels, and we just have to accept that we will never have enough time to find the answers to all of our mysteries…that we may never see through to the truth we think we want to know.
I am not certain of what I may come across today, but I know that anything is possible. I am open to all the alien things I meet today, and in fact I welcome them.
I know that I could use a few more mysteries in my life, a few more strangers to meet along the way, and in this process I might even meet a different side of myself?



No comments:

Post a Comment