How long have I been trying to put myself back together?
How many people will it take to complete this exhausting yet interesting
task?
Everyone adds something and everyone takes something away.
I carve and they carve more.
I try to explain the process, and they show me the error in trying to
control the process at all.
I add and they take. I take and they add, and together we all find a way
to assume what is the best way to put me back together again.
In whose image am I being made?
We assume because we need comfort in the illusion of control, and we
tell someone they are happy when all they have shown us is a smile.
We offer our opinions without ever being asked for them.
We try to build everyone in the vision that we desire them to take, and we
try to hide the sound of our chisels that strike upon the stone surface of
another.
We add, we take, and we assume in every
moment that we know someone better than we actually do, and all because they
told us what we hoped to hear.

No comments:
Post a Comment