How many hearts will reach ours in this brief lifetime?
Who will stay strong enough through the trials that our hearts demand
must be taken?
How many moments will my heart skip a beat in silence at the sight of
another?
Who will make the effort to attempt to be seen at all?
I have walked a distance that brought forth a collection of scars on my
heart, and yet there is still a hopeful heart willing to take another chance on
even one more potential scar.
My heart is a difficult mirror, for what it reflects back is a blurred
image of what anything can be.
Honesty is now met with skeptical trust.
My heart is hope.
My heart is open.
My heart demands stubborn strength and will to hold on to both.
I am reaching out in the desire to reach another, and to defend another
that would choose to defend me.
I am open to take on the trials of another, to watch as my honesty
becomes reflected in their dirty mirror, and perhaps together we can smash out
all these illusions.

No comments:
Post a Comment