Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 236 "The Unknown Source"

I drove up and along the road that was carved into the side of a familiar mountain, and my thoughts drive straight back to the past.
I used to be younger.
I used to have a different life.
This road used to be travelled with different emotions attached to it.

I listen to the sound of the rocks beneath the tires of this dirty vehicle, and I watch the shadows as they crawl across the mountainside in an attempt to devour the sunshine.
I used to believe I would be here feeling differently than I do now.
I used to know that these sunny days were what smiles were made of.
I once had a very different emotion on this road, .and there was a time when I could bring myself to driving even further along it, but now I simply hit an invisible wall create by the desires of this struggling heart.

Stopping the vehicle at a once familiar lake now turned alien in this new timeline, I watch as Danbox makes his way to the side of an old abandoned shack overlooking this beautiful body of water. I keep my distance as he leans against the side of this old building for a moment, as he soaks in the sun while thinking deeply on something.
I don't know where his thoughts go to exactly, and I don't know how the sun affects him. There is no way of knowing if he once thought, like me, that he would be here feeling this moment far differently than he does now?
But here we are, in this moment, as alien as it seems, and as reflective as we are, .and somehow the sun upon our faces still provides a warmth we thought we might surely have lost.
I watch Danbox for the longest of moments, and I can only wonder where this deep will of ours comes from?
What is providing this well of strength within the both of us?
Will we ever run out?
Will I ever run out?

Right now it feels almost disrespectful to draw my attention away from this moment, to a moment that was stolen so long ago, and suddenly my perspective is once again in the right place.
I am here.
Danbox is here.

We are here…and the past is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment