I don't know how many sunsets I have left? I can only hope to have many
more ahead of me, and with this hope I pray that I won’t waste any more of
these beautiful moments, but I am only human, I am flawed, and I will always,
and inevitably, waste some more of these beautiful sunsets that possibly lay
ahead of me now.
We can only ever desire another day.
We can't possibly know how many sunsets we have left, and yet in the
back of our minds hides The Thinker, and he tries impossibly hard to answer the
questions that exist within an anxious mind.
Will I ever see another day like this?
Will I ever feel as hopeful as I do now?
Will I get to see what tomorrow brings?
We can never replay any day wasted.
Trying to control chaos has always been a favorite pastime of mine, and
although I have been rarely successful at this, I have still managed to cover
some impressive ground throughout this struggle, but this ground is only shifting
sand, and it will never cover anything completely; no matter how far we travel,
we are always still right here.
I accept that I will waste more sunsets, because I know that I will
spend the rest of my life trying not to.

No comments:
Post a Comment