Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 237 "Company For Now"

We walk with both friends and beasts.
We choose the company we keep as much as it chooses us.
Have you ever seen the face of the memories you walk with?
Do they bring you comfort, or do they darken all the world you know?
Have you ever challenged the ones that defend you?
Have you ever asked the ones that you swear to protect to put their hearts at risk, to try and save yours?
How many times have I walked alongside a secret darkness?
We forever walk with both heroes and villains.

Have you ever looked back to see the fires that you started, and the ones you could not put out, even though you may have tried?
We choose the path we take, as much as it chooses us.
Have you ever followed your destroyer into the unknown, in blind faith alone?
Have you ever held back your savior for a moment longer within this comfortable anger?
How many times have I walked with these memories that I once swore to defend, and now only try to set fire to with the gasoline of my disappointment?
How many times will I follow this beast into the flames that I have fed?
How many times will I willingly burn with the company I choose to keep?
Just how many more times?

No comments:

Post a Comment