Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 239 "Star Supernova"

Does everyone only get fifteen minutes of fame? How do you know when you have been given yours?
Is it all the adoration and the jealousy?
Is it the feeling of success for something unworthy of sixteen minutes?
These human stars and how quickly they burn out.

Is there enough time for everyone to get what they believe they are due? Or for some of us, are we to hang around forever in obscurity?

Burn star burn.

Lights, camera...inaction.

How do we know who to watch? Who is relevant? Who matters enough to follow?
How do we know we are not being watched while we do the watching, and the waiting?
Have I had my fifteen minutes already?
Is it obscurity from here on out?
I will burn, I most certainly will burn...I will burn right out.

Lights, camera, and I study the directors as they tell me what to do next.


The world waits for its moment to shine, to prove its worth, to have its moment in the spotlight. Each beautiful star trying to burn brighter than the next, we burn, we will burn...we will all burn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment