If I keep locking up my heart behind metal and doubts, I know that I
will never feel anything at all.
If I keep trying to keep myself protected from possibility, I know that
I will end up having no hope left at all.
If I take all the parts of myself that make me who I am, and choose to
lock the safe that I placed them in, I will only become a stranger to myself.
Hearts are not meant to hide, desires are not meant to be locked away behind
cold, emotionless doors, and hopes are not intended to stay trapped within
illusion of safety.
I know that if I keep locking these fragile things up behind metal and
doubts that I will end up losing myself completely.
As I turn the key to a safe that I thought I would never open again, I
can feel a familiar sense of excitement and fear, one that I have not known in
a long time.
As the door swings open once again I close my eyes and let all these
emotions rush in.
With my eyes closed I hold
my arms open to embrace the rush of emotions spilling out from this dark safe, and
all I can think is "welcome back my heart".
No comments:
Post a Comment