Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 349 "It Is Time"

Crawling through the bitter darkness, while drinking from the rivers of venom that flow along the paths edge, I was once so far away from this person that emerges now.
I have seen the way I can tie myself down by the strings of the past, or how I can hang my own hope by a noose made of hate.
I have witnessed my weakness firsthand, and the terrible desire to destroy beautiful things in the wake of my fall.
I never intended to forget to care.
I never planned to set fires to my own history.
I never thought I would hold a knife to my own throat, but I did, and now I emerge from that lost place.
All these years that they thought I was telling the truth by smiling and playing along, but they never saw the change that was overtaking me, and I am not sure I saw it either.
There were moments when the darkness truly threatened my heart, moments where my desires were empty of any hopeful thing, but a moment is only a moment and nothing more.

These wings that I have used to rise above this dark road have been torn off of my back so many times I have lost count, yet somehow they always grow back, and they change every single time..

"I will hope" they say.
"I will love again" they speak.
"I will no longer hide this person I need to become" they demand.

"I now have the power to rise above" I say to myself.

"I am now ready to emerge" we both agree.


"It is time" 

No comments:

Post a Comment