The sun sets upon us now, and I remember a time when I walked with my
head down to avoid its warm light in my darkened eyes.
I can still recall a time when all I wanted was shadow and silence and nothing
more.
Time The Thief has stolen so much from us, but I fought to keep hidden
as much as I could from those greedy eyes, because there are some things that
not even Time The Thief is allowed to have.
I won't ever let my life become complete shadow.
I won't ever succumb to dark hearts and clouded minds.
I won't ever forget that my strength comes from walking in the coldest
shade, from crawling through the ice and snow and endless winters, and somehow
still remembering to appreciate the warmth of the sun on my back.
That ember of hope was always there for Time The Thief to see, but hidden
where that ember rests is the universal understanding that we are eternal.
The sun may set, the storms may come, and the waves might try to break
us, but nothing will conquer this desire to appreciate what Time The Thief has
taken.
The sun may set, but my heart will remember the warmth through the ember
inside.
I will remember that even with my head down, I still walked forward through
the darkness of my own mind, that even under the oppression of a black sun, I
still managed to hold onto hope in those warm shadows.

No comments:
Post a Comment