Where does this hopeful light come from?
How is it possible for something to come out of nothing, for a heart to
continue beating in a realm of absolute zero, for a chance at happiness to
exist when all roads lead away from home?
I could never have done this without this will of mine, but I never
asked for any of this, despite how thankful I have become for it. I would have
walked away if not for the belief that a better day is out there, somewhere, in
that foggy distance. I could have walked away by now, but this ember has refused
to extinguish, and so it goes with my own heart.
In the silence I could hear the song of hope, and the potential of a
better day.
In that deafening silence I could hear the song of a future that might
lead me back to a home that I have never known.
I walked hand in hand with the demons of my past for a longer time than
I care to admit, and in many ways I still do, but always within me is this
desire to never succumb to all the regrets, the pain, the loss, and the fear.
My solitude never separated us, instead it showed me the power of
perspective.
My solitude never drove you and I apart, instead it bound us together.
My solitude never made me callous and disconnected, instead it showed me
compassion and closeness.
My solitude could never separate my heart from
this hope.
I needed this vacation away from us, and this desperate world.
I needed to watch it all from a distance the way that I did, I needed to
share only those brief moments that I will never forget, with those special few
that stayed a while to show they cared.
I needed to walk this path exactly the way that I did.
This solitude never left me in complete darkness, instead it gave me
time to learn to embrace the light that flickered within, this heartbeat in the
darkness.
I nurtured this lonely spark that somehow grew into a flame within, and
I intend to burn its hopeful impression upon the world for as long as I can, and
for as long as I have the strength to keep this flame inside alive and
protected, against all odds.

No comments:
Post a Comment