Who are we?
Are we the sum of our parts, or every single individual piece?
Are we more the futures we dream of, or completely the histories we all
make?
Are we this physical vessel that we control throughout our brief
journey, or are we the non-physical mind that wills it all to move?
Who am I?
Who are you?
Am I the lies I tell myself, or am I the truths that I choose to believe?
How can anyone know what is for certain in a world with so many opinions
and even more assumptions?
How can anyone speak with confidence in a world run by so many fears and
choices, how can anyone know anything for sure?
Perhaps the point is not to know, to somehow accept that there must be some
mystery left to who we are, to who we are to become, and what we are supposed
to make of ourselves in this life that we all share on our own.
To others, we are what we choose to show.
To ourselves, we are what we choose to become.
So who exactly are we?
Exactly who we decide to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment