Is this the part where we can take a peaceful rest?
Is this where we finally stop and catch our breath from all this running,
and all the pushing ahead?
Is this the part where we take a head count of all the spectators, to
see if we are somehow still relevant?
Just how many other souls have been travelling with us on this lonely
journey?
How many other beautifully lost souls also found their way through the
darkness while sharing the light that we tried so hard to keep alive within us?
How many of them will ever know that they somehow helped us get even
this far?
We have traveled a great distance, and there is no promise of anything
familiar at the end of this road, if there is an end to this road in this lifetime
that is?
I am going to stay here a while longer, and you can go on ahead without
me. I will catch up when you eventually get as tired as I am now, because we
all get tired; we all eventually have to take a moment to rest and reflect.
This is the part where I see what you intend to do with the gift of this
life we are all given, this is the part where I see if you are still going to
move on, or whether you are just as tired as me.

No comments:
Post a Comment