Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 281 "The Company Of I"

This shadow has kept me company for the longest time.
There is so much desire to leave it behind, and yet still so much desire to walk with it a few steps longer.
In a world where everything eventually disappears, somehow there is comfort in the company of the shadow I always keep…but I know that even in the darkness, when I am not looking back, my own shadow disappears as well.
It has always been only me. Others have shared the road for while, others have fallen as I have fallen, others have tried to take steps in time with mine…but we are all on our own path, no matter how close we can be, and even a shadow is separated by its own being.

All this time I looked at this shadow as proof of a darkness that I could not escape, as if it was to drag it along while it dragged me back. I never thought of it as anything but the idea of a dark passenger, that had forever schemed to darken any light that shined down on the path that I was on; but I might have been wrong, because every step taken out of the darkness and into the light was met with the comfort of this proof, that even though it all might eventually disappear, we are never ever truly alone.


I have always had "I".

No comments:

Post a Comment