Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 299 "A Mess With Intent"

When I saw Danbox on the counter trying hard to make a coffee, and spilling cream all over, I was instantly annoyed at the sight.
I went to approach him, to scold him for not asking for help, as if I could have prevented this minor mess.
He slowly stepped away from the cup, all the while looking at me with a worried expression.
On the tip of my tongue were the words meant to hurt, meant to disarm, but they never escaped my annoyed mind; somehow they subsided.
A moment later the little messy boxman pushed the cup towards me, and looking up, I realized that he went through all this trouble for me.

"Thank you little buddy" I said to him, "I am sorry that I sometimes forget that others are willing to make a mess of themselves to make someone else happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment