Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 302 "We Hide Until We Are Found"

How long have I relied on just my own strength?
How long have I been running and hiding from the ones that would seek to hold me down, and the ones that might save me?
Just how very long have I been treading water alone?

I should have a different outlook on myself by now, but so many have taken away pieces of my heart and kept them to themselves.
Just how very many of them hold these pieces now?

How long have I secretly blamed another for what I let them do to me?
How long have I been holding my breath in the hopes that they wouldn't ever find me?
Just how very long have I been playing hide and never find?

Still, even after so much time hidden in these shadows, as I held my breath and thought about what I could possibly do next, still, I couldn’t help but make some hopeful noise in the hope that someone might find me.
With my back against the wall I remember trying to recall everyone that left after they stole a piece of my heart, the ones that changed me from the person they knew, from the person I thought I knew.
In this silence I could meditate on the truth, the hard truth that I was trying so very hard to hide from; I never intended to lend out my heart did I?
With my eyes open I can see that I willing gave them all a piece, I willingly changed myself, and all this time I was hiding from my own silence.

How long now until I give yet another piece away?
How long until I do what I always do?
How long until I try to hide from my own silence?
How long until someone finds me and tells me to stop hiding?
Just how long until someone offers a piece of their heart in exchange for a piece of mine?

How long until I change once again?



No comments:

Post a Comment