Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162 "Good Morning"

Sometimes all you need is for someone to say "Good Morning" in order to have one, while other times their message won't have even the slightest chance of reaching you after yet another restless night.
Are all mornings supposed to be celebrated and approached with optimism? Is every day meant to be treated as your last? Knowing the finite amount of time we think we have, are we expected to always show up with a smile?
For some of us the struggle continues, for others it will end, and for the rest, their time will come to consider where on their own personal journey they are.

This morning I tried very hard to keep my eyes closed. I tried desperately hard to go back to that quiet place of dreams…but you are always expected to meet your new day, whether you want to or not.

Making my way over to the washroom I was faced with an answer and not a question.
There before me was Danbox showing his resolve to awakening.
Every effort that he took to reach the mirror with his purpose driven mind was on display to see. Stacked up high was books upon hair products and upon other random items…and atop this precarious ladder was the little box man with a message written in toothpaste upon the mirror “Good Morning” it read.
I thought for a moment about acting out in defiance, but something within me accepted this for what it was, and I suddenly understood the gift of yet another day to experience this life as best that I can.

You can sleep in all you want.
You can wake up defiant and impossible.
You can try to ignore the possibilities.

You can try…but you shouldn’t.


Good Morning my friend”.

No comments:

Post a Comment