Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 181 "The Hitchhiker"

There are times when I am broken down, and times when I successfully hide the thoughts that I am trying so desperately to bury beneath.
There are so many moments where fear has been allowed to take the wheel, and all I could ever do was hope for the best possible outcome in that powerless situation.

All I could do was hope…and that had to be enough.

Sometimes there are those difficult days where the past is not the past at all, and the future is nothing but a thick fog that threatens to choke the life out of everything.

These are the times when I try to push myself to be more than I know I am capable of.
These moments where I wear my heart on my sleeve but quickly hide it underneath.
Times where I am nothing but a hitchhiker waiting on a chance.
Times when all I could do was hope…and that had to be enough.

There are times where I feel like anything I dream is possible, and even more times where reality draws and quarters my ambition.
These are the times where my desires are impossible and my fears are overwhelmingly real.

There are so many times where I am nothing more than a stranger waiting for the help of another; just a hitchhiker on my own spiritual path.

There are times when I remember to live for the moment, and yet more times where I forget to remember anything important at all.
These are the moments where I think I have myself figured out and yet the reflection in the mirror is only a stranger staring back at me.

There are times where I think of people in a different light, and somewhat out of focus from the loving detail that I used to see them in, and there are time when I see no one at all.

Sometimes I look at someone and not through them.
Sometimes I look to escape instead of experience.
Sometimes I catch myself thinking out loud, and in these times I can only hear the words repeat themselves in my heart.
In these times I ask the universe to take me anywhere but here.


These times where all I could do was hope…and that had to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment