Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 177 "Relevant Reflections"

So much has faded, so much has blurred; so very much has rusted.
Thoughts and emotions that bleed into one and then forget themselves.
This constant change in both energy and cell structure.
The never ending ebb and flow, the push and pull, and the eternal act of self-discovery.

I remember a time when some thoughts were the most important, when some loves outshined the sun, and when who I was had no idea of who I would become.

These moments that arrive in fashion and just as soon find themselves covered in a layer of dust so thick that it takes such an overwhelming amount effort and emotion to try and clean them once again.

My favorite things Time The Thief will take, and what is left is left to rust; to become things that must come to pass before things can come to be.

Through the careful intention of looking inward in order to inspire a better reason than to just be, I have somehow managed to accept this universal demand for the passing of all things, and the changing of everything, and the acceptance that even the most stubborn and resolute of minds cannot ever live in the same moment.
Even the greatest of minds will come to pass, and the greatest loves will one day change and become something else entirely.

I am here, alive, in this moment.
I am in a state of perpetual change… even if I cannot always see where the rust is starting to take hold.

What I hold dear to me now is what I have taken the time to appreciate.
What I believe is relevant is what shows no passage of time, and as I change so does relevance and what is defined by it.
I am relevant.
I am change.
I am the mirror that time chooses to see itself through.
Time is the mirror that I watch rust along the edges.

We are all relevant reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment