Even the strongest of us have our weaknesses.
Weaknesses strong enough to throw us down and keep us struggling against
the gravity of the situation, and without any chance of recovering without the
help and compassion of another.
I have made the mistake, many times, of letting my pride hold me back
from asking for help, and as I drown, I watched as they tried to extend their
arms out to help save me...and I chose
to sink deeper instead.
Looking back now on all the time wasted fighting this help, I can see
that I should have fought both pride and ego so much sooner than I have...but
what is done is done, and what is gone is gone.
If I look around long enough, with a less selfish outlook than I have
developed, I tend to see past my own problems, and I see the importance of
acknowledging the struggles of another, and not just my own.
If I look past the dark thoughts within long enough I can see the
hopeful thoughts needed to aid another that is falling apart, and if I look
beyond my own ego long enough I can see that I have had my eyes closed for far
too long.
I have a lifetime to fight my wars, a lifetime to try and find a way to
win against Time The Thief, and a lifetime to appreciate the spoils of any
victories that I may have.
Perhaps it is time that I focus some more of
my attention on making sure that another receives the help that they deserve,
so that they may also find the strength to win some of their wars as well?
Perhaps I should, but will I?

No comments:
Post a Comment