Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 141 "Holy Fuck I Love You!"

I fear that I might have become a little too jaded for any immediate positive outcome.
There is no denying that with every step away from my history I am becoming a more difficult and complicated version of myself.
The optimist within has been away on a journey for quite some time now, no doubt waiting for me to catch up, while I hang out here in the past.
I hope that I have been making up some good time weathering the storms, as I was trying so hard to successfully navigate this bitter emotional minefield.
In the cold years of change and disconnection, I have somehow managed to hold on to the smallest shred of hope, and even managed to ignite that hope within from a spark to a flame from time to time, whenever and wherever was possible.
There have been unwarranted casualties that lay scorched along the path I have tread. This fire I created in my weakest moments was fueled from the hearts I syphoned from to fill my own empty one.
This misguided direction that is now only a sharp memory of what I have done, and still an empty heart remains.
What is all this for?
We all want something that feels like it belongs to us, like it was meant for us alone, as if we are the only ones given a key to open a door we were only meant to.
I am not talking of Gods and faiths, of riches or fame, I am talking about something worth protecting more than yourself, and that person is someone that you adore so much that it hurts the heart as much as it heals it.
We all want the knowledge of the day that hides just out of our reach.
We all want.
All around me are these jaded eyes that try to see love and happiness in a pure light. These hopeful and naïve eyes that attempt to see the beauty in the simple, the lasting truth in an honest love…they should know better.
These eyes are mine, and I know better.
My jealousy outshines the sun these days, and I have become an alien among all the lovers that hold hands under my violent skies.
Do they even see what I do? Can they possibly tell that a wolf hides among them?
Do they know not to take what they have for granted?
Do they know that when they eventually do, that they must stop the wicked and
depraved wolf that waits in silence, to tear them apart at the weakest thread, and that they must do this together?
How can they know?
Do they have even the slightest notion that all these smiles will be tested by Time The Thief, and does anyone know that nothing is perfect?
Does anyone know that everyone fails everyone?
I know.
Does anyone take the time to fight for love anymore?
Does anyone have the will, the strength, and the faith necessary to take the chance to go down with the ship, or does everyone now jump ship at the first sign of red skies?
We have become the generation of far too many choices, and far too little interest in the honest answers we need to overcome the gravity of our hearts.
We no longer find anything in everything, just as we no longer take the time needed to see that our storms will come to pass, eventually revealing a few more sunny days ahead.
We no longer take the time to learn how to properly sail a ship in all weather, and we no longer find the value in finding our way back home.
I am the captain of this jaded vessel. I am master of nothing at all…but I am still here.
I am the trail and battle-worn traveler, with no northern star to guide me home
anymore, and all I am trying to do is find the words to say "Holy Fuck, I love you".

To more than just my memory alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment