There is no telling anymore when I was anywhere by here?
Stranded here in this place of ghosts and time, waiting for that moment of clarity that might rip me from this stagnant belief of how things are supposed to be…how I desire them to be.
What could it possibly take to feel as though I actually made my way away from it all? As if I made any distance from the first footstep taken in this unguided direction.
What will it take for me to see the oceans I have crossed emotionally?
Is there a place in this world where these fears do not exist? Where these complications do not string my heart up so high above the ground that I cannot possibly reach it?
Is there a time in the future where these thoughts do not demand an analytical response to an easy answer?
Will there ever be a moment where I might feel as though I have arrived?
Is it be possible that I missed the flight I was supposed to take, or the boat I was intended to board?
Did I miss the opportunity to get away from it all?
Now here I am, feeling as though I have moved without moving at all.
Not knowing how far I am supposed to go, or what it will take to get there.
All the while understanding that there is no moment the same, not a single step taken that has been taken before, and that any flight missed is not the last flight to be taken.
Right now I am listening to my heart, and accepting the responsibility of the distance my soul still needs to take.
I know that somewhere, somehow and in some time, there must be a road that leads to the sign that says “you have arrived”.

No comments:
Post a Comment