I remember a time when we used to know how to talk to each other, face
to face, then voice to voice...and now it's all fragment sentences lost in a
ridiculous ocean of LOL's and smiley faces.
This smart phone that leaves us looking dumb.
It used to be that we could just simply phone home, and now it is
starting to feel appropriate to text home instead, almost expected even.
Maybe I am a little too jaded these days? Because I am starting to fall
out of touch with those around me, and I am just looking for an excuse, or an
answer as to why?
We are all connected by this digital DNA of ours, and now everyone is only
a degree from anyone else, so why do I feel like an island unto myself? A ship
lost at sea among other lost vessels?
Why do I feel such a great disconnect?
Is it too late to change the course of the tide? Am I to spend the rest
of my life learning to tread these disconnected waters?
Is it too late to still call home?

No comments:
Post a Comment