Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 140 "How Many Mysteries Left?"

How many things in this life will catch my attention? How many more mysteries are there to find?
What years are going to be my best? Were they already spent?
There is no way to see in to future with any real accuracy, even though I spend so many of my days trying to.
At times I study my past for an indication of what the future will bring.
There are no prophets and no seers, only the instinct and hopes of the blind.
Will I ever see my friends again? Will I ever own my life, my time, or even my own heart?
I have studied my past to see where I am going, and I think I may have found some truths worth paying attention to.
I think that I may have found something.
Here I am trying to find the beauty in the ugly and the mundane, and all the while I have chosen to see no beauty outside these difficult things.
A hard decision that has added almost nothing to my life in the way of appreciating this gift.
I am finding that I have many wrong perceptions of this world, and that my truths are, in many ways, false.
I accidentally stumbled upon a moment today, an unexpected and welcome moment, a moment that lasted only brief period of time, but it was a beautiful moment.
The words rose to the surface of my psyche from the darkest of depths below. These words that broke through the riverbed to rise above the negative.
I am my own master.
I control this perception of mine.
I choose whether or not I will allow any more mysteries.
I alone allow room for hope.
I alone choose to accept tomorrow and the knowledge that I have no idea what it will bring, or if tomorrow will even arrive at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment