Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 266 "This Blue Moment"

Everything is blue in this world.
Everything is so simple and desperate.
I know that there are so many other colors to be seen by these hopeful eyes, and that this emotion only serves this very moment; I know this will come to pass.
I know that this is a temporary comfort, one that I allow myself to feel for only a moment longer. There may be comfort in sadness, but it is only a brief comfort followed by an emptiness that echoes the worst of days ahead.

Everything is quiet and cold now, and from this vantage point I can see the road that I have traveled, I just can’t tell how far that actually is; I am not sure if that even matters to be honest.
Everything is so still now, and all I can hear is the beat of my heart that tells me that I am still alive, that I have not been broken past the point of fixing, that I am not defeated, not destroyed, and that I have not become a complete stranger to myself.

Everything is blue in this world, but only for this moment, because I remember what color looks like, I remember what warmth feels like, and I remember what a smile really means.

Everything is blue, but only for now...only as I reflect just a moment longer, after that I will let all the colors rush in.


No comments:

Post a Comment